Questions to Ask when Hiring a Buyer's Agent
Looking for an agent to help you purchase your new home? Below are important questions you should ask before working with a buyer's agent.
- What are you professional qualifications?
- How long have you been working in real estate?
- Are you a full-time agent?
- Do you work solo or as part of a team?
- How many people did you help buy a home in the past year?
- How many clients do you work with at a time? Buyer/Seller ratio?
- Do you require a pre-qualification letter from a lender before helping search for homes?
- Is there a fee for you to represent me/us as a buyer's agent?
- Do you have a personal website and are you on social media?
- Do you have a list of references I can contact or testimonials from previous clients?
- How do we schedule a showing when we find a home we would like to see?
- Who would you recommend as a mortgage representative? Home inspector?
- Will you assist me in reviewing the documents necessary for placing an offer on a home?
If you have any questions or need help finding a buyer's agent, even outside of our area, please feel
free to contact us for help in your search for a new home. We are here to help!